Hello again, it’s time for an update on what the Resident Voices Group has been working on since I last wrote (and please do read my first blog, if you missed it, to learn more about the group).
The Resident Voices Group, a collaboration between residents and NHG staff, began meeting quarterly in July. We held our second meeting on Tuesday 27 October where we heard about workshops which had investigated themes that emerged from the previous Resident Voices Group meeting: customer satisfaction, communication and homeownership. Members then explored several projects that had been identified.
Customer satisfaction projects:
- How NHG gathers feedback from residents (transactional surveys)
- Recruitment and training methods of front-line staff (with a focus on communication skills and relationship building)
- My Account (encouraging sign-ups to our NHG digital platform and gathering user feedback)
- Staff and resident relationship expectations/standard
- Annual visits (making the most of the process).
- Complaints action planning (preventing escalations)
- Building safety communication
- How NHG gathers feedback from residents (including residents living in properties managed by others)
The Resident Voices Group have put together a detailed project list with proposed resident leads and staff sponsors (who will work collaboratively with others). This will be circulated to the group for agreement and these projects can then begin. We expect an initial progress report before Christmas.
We also looked at emerging themes and proposed ideas for future Resident Voices Group focus. These include:
- A refresh of the NHG Resident Promise
- Digital inclusion
- Building and fire safety
- Recruitment to local scrutiny groups
Considering the urgency of the topic, it was agreed our next focus will be building and fire safety.
A big thank you from me to everyone involved.
Our next Resident Voices Group meeting will be on Monday 1 February 2021.
I will continue to provide updates about the work of our Resident Voices Group here from time to time. If you would like to find out more and get involved in any opportunities, please email email@example.com
Resident Voices Group