- This staircasing calculator cannot be used as a guarantee of obtaining a mortgage.
- It is advised that you speak to an independent mortgage adviser to find out more on your affordability.
- Estimated monthly rent is calculated on the remaining share of the property.
- Please note that your regular service charge will remain payable.
- Share value calculations are only to be used as estimates. Final valuation figures will be determined by your RICS valuation report.
A step-by-step guide
You can staircase at any time. As you buy more shares in your property, your rent decreases. If you want to buy an extra share, you must first get your home valued. We use this valuation to work out the price of the share.
Before you look any further into staircasing, please make sure to read the update on our building safety programme.