- Structural damage to inside walls, floors ceilings, skirtings, and air vents
- Door frames, door hinges, letter boxes, window catches, sash cords and window frames
- Fixtures (including those that have been approved as home improvements)
- Handrails, banisters and stair steps • Persistent issues with drainage and blockages, removal of wastewater, plumbing leaks to bathroom, kitchen or heating and hot water including to taps, pipework
- Fitting or repairing fire and carbon monoxide alarms, communal alarm systems and fire panels • Warden call/telecare equipment (that is installed by NHG.
- To repair any appliances and fittings that you have installed (eg., white goods; gas cooker, washing machine), carpets, furniture etc.
- Maintain an internal decoration (except where we are painting to cover an area affected by a leak etc.)
- To repair any small cracks in plaster or woodwork
- To replace both internal and external light bulbs eg., security lighting, fuses (unless they are in the communal area, or you have above average height ceilings)
- To replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- To install additional locks or replacing keys and changing locks, if you are locked out. In an emergency or where your home is not secure, we may carry out these works and recharge the costs to you
- To lubricate door/window locks and hinges
- To replace or maintain security features such as spyholes and door chains
- To ease and adjust internal doors after own floor coverings laid to bedrooms, hallways and living rooms
- To maintain floor coverings (eg. carpets, lino, tiles, and laminate) except in the bathroom and kitchen, which is NHG’s responsibility
- To repair any items that have been damaged by you or your guests, except where these pose a risk to health and safety (including glazing). We may charge you for these repairs
- To provide and maintain curtains and blinds • We are not responsible for any improvements you have made, unless they have gone through the NHG improvements process and have been authorised by us.