If you’re renting with us, there are a number of reasons why you may move home.
You have a variety of options available to you, from swapping for a smaller or larger home through mutual exchange, to transferring through Locata or Homefinder, to moving for work or training.
Living in our general needs housing?
If you're a general needs tenant and ready to move to a new place, you have a number of options available to you:
Living in our temporary housing?
Many temporary housing tenants end their tenancy when their local council places them in permanent housing; some tenants move for personal reasons; others are asked to move so that the landlord can carry out major repairs. Choose the circumstance below that applies to you:
Leaving your home
If you plan to move out of your home, you need to give your housing officer four weeks' notice in writing. Please get in touch with him/her as soon as you know that you are moving and also let your local housing benefit office know.
If you are transferring to another one of our properties, you will give up the tenancy of your old home when you sign the tenancy agreement for your new one. You need to leave your home in a good state of decoration and repair and remove all furniture and belongings.
- Put right any repairs that are your responsibility (for example, changing light bulbs)
- Make sure the decoration is in good condition so that the next tenant can move in without having to decorate
- Make sure you take all your belongings with you and clear any rubbish
- Clean the home, especially kitchen units, fridges, cookers, windows, baths and sinks
- Leave behind all fixtures and fittings that belong to the owner
- Empty fridges and freezers of food
- Contact your housing officer to arrange handing back your keys.