The government has launched an emergency package with energy suppliers, to ensure customers do not have any additional hardship in heating or lighting their homes during the coronavirus outbreak. You can find more information about this scheme on the government's website.
Speak to your energy supplier if you're struggling financially or in arrears with gas or electricity bills. You could get support including:
- reduced bills or debt repayments
- a temporary break in your bills or debt arrangements
If you have a pre-payment meter and are self-isolating or unable to leave your home, you should speak to your supplier to discuss your options. Please note call lines may be extremely busy and so you should use online options where possible.
You may be able to, for example:
- arrange for someone else to top up your meter
- add credit to your account automatically
- send you a pre-loaded top up card
You may need to leave your meter box unlocked if you need someone else to top it up.