Delivering a quality service for our residents
This promise sets out our commitment about the benefits our merger will bring for our residents. It is made up of three elements:
1. Our pledge and what Notting Hill Genesis stands for
2. The improvements we will make to our existing services
3. The new services we will develop with residents
We will work in partnership with residents to refine and deliver on the promise. Our progress in meeting the promises will be shared regularly with residents and our board.
- Your tenancy or lease agreement will not change
- Residents will be at the heart of shaping our services
- We will build more homes at low-cost rent because of the merger
- We will not use the merger as a reason to increase rents and service charges
- Residents will not be asked to move home because of the merger
- We will deliver service improvements especially in our repairs and maintenance service, in the way we recover costs through service charges, and by ensuring that our services are easy to access, local and personalised.
Improvements to your services
You told us we need to improve existing services. The top three areas you’ve said matter most are:
a) Repairs and maintenance
The number one issue for residents is the quality of our repairs and maintenance services. We are addressing this by reviewing contracts, automating services and publishing clear performance information.
We commit to:
- Driving up resident satisfaction with repairs over the period from 2018 to 2021.
- Improving your experience when you report a repair so that you get the right person with the right tools to the do the right job.
b) Easy, local and personalised services
We will ensure you have a personalised service in the form of a named contact. They will know your repairs history, the local area and your housing background and have knowledge of your property. If your personal contact is not available, we will make sure another colleague can access resident information.
If you want to move, we will provide a full information pack on your housing options, with clear, transparent and easy-to-understand information that’s relevant to your tenure.
If you need to make a complaint, we will provide a single, independent point of contact from start to finish. Where we need to take action to resolve your complaint, we will not close it until that has been completed. If we have made a mistake or could have done something better, we will undertake to learn from this and put in place corrective actions to prevent the same thing happening in the future.
We will provide clear information about the remedies, actions and solutions available to you if we don’t deliver on our services.
c) Accurate and fair service charges
We will make it easier for you to understand what you are being charged and why, as well as making the process of challenging your service charges simple and transparent.
We will consult on service charge budgets before they are applied.
New services for you
You told us there were new services you would like us to offer. We will work with you to develop:
- A fully self-service digital service which will give you more choice and control
- A repairs system that provides a complete story of your repair, which will mean no repetition, no missing information and the ability to track and manage your repair
- More choice and convenience around repairs appointments, allowing you to track the progress of your repair and provide feedback once it is complete
- Extra availability of our services so you can get your query answered during early morning, evenings or weekends
- An online platform where you can see what is happening with your enquiries or complaints, information on external/internal decoration and repair works, and guidance on health and safety for where you live
- A simple and transparent process that will enable you to challenge your service charges, either online or in a way that works for you.
You will oversee the services
We will put residents at the heart of our business to develop services that meet your needs by:
- Creating a resident subcommittee to the main board. The subcommittee will oversee the resident promise and our resident board members will attend. The majority of members will be tenants and leaseholders
- The conversation with the broader population of residents continues. We will work with you to prioritise and define in more specific terms what the exact outcomes should be for each element of our promise
- We will provide a wider range of opportunities for all our residents to get involved, including the use of technology to involve a broader spectrum of residents.