Reporting Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is any action that is capable of causing nuisance or annoyance to any person.
You need to inform us of any form of ASB that takes place.
What is ASB?    
ASB is acting in a manner that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more people not of the same household. It can also be described as behaviour that unreasonably interferes with other peoples’ rights to use their home and community.
How to report ASB?      
Inform your housing or property management officer and include as much information as possible. You may be asked to complete an incident form which your housing officer can provide to you.
You can also report serious forms of ASB to the police by calling the non-emergency number 101. Again, provide as much information as you can (who, what, where).   
What can you do before reporting to us?
Talk to the person or persons causing the ASB as they may not be aware of how their behaviour is affecting you. This will also reduce tension between you and the perpetrator in the future.
Does the behaviour you plan to report fit the below categories?
 (If not, you may be able to resolve it yourself)
•    Violence or threats of violence against someone.
•    Arson or attempted arson and damage to our or someone else’s property.
•    Alcohol and drug misuse
•    Unreasonable and persistent noise.
•    Neighbour disputes.
•    Dumping rubbish.
•    Abandoned cars and other vehicle nuisance.
Forms of low level ASB that we suggest you solve between yourselves
•    One-off indiscriminate noise nuisance (e.g. a party)
•    Climbing on buildings (if no damage occurs and the act is not designed to harass or intimidate anyone)
•    Ball games (though we might investigate if the noise was persistent - against someone’s wall, for instance)
•    Neighbour arguments where there are no witnesses.
If you require more information, please contact your Housing Officer or the ASB Team.