Your freeholder (usually NHG) is responsible for making sure that your building, and the estate your building sits on, is properly insured. This will include the communal areas, such as hallways, gardens, car parks, etc. It will also include the structure of your building, as well as the fixtures and fittings inside your home (such as kitchen cupboards or your bathroom fixtures). This service is covered through the service charge you pay, as set out in your lease.

Although we will attempt as close an estimate as possible for this annual cost, it can vary due to inflation or following any claims that are made. The estimates will also be set some time before we are aware of the final cost.