Independent leasehold advice

There are a number of third party agencies you can approach for advice relating to your lease. You may also apply to a tribunal to resolve a dispute with your landlord.

Advisory service

LEASE provides free independent advice to homeowners on the laws affecting residential leasehold property in England and Wales. Visit the LEASE website for more information or contact a LEASE advisor on 020 7383 9800 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

Residential Property Tribunal

The First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) of The Residential Property Tribunal is the independent body appointed to make decisions on various types of dispute relating to residential leasehold property. This is the successor to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (LVT). Both landlords and homeowners can ask the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) to look into leasehold disputes.

You can apply to the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) as an individual or as a group of residents.

For more information you can visit the Residential Property Tribunal Service website or contact a First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) advisor on 020 7446 7700.