Make It Happen is the programme by which Notting Hill Genesis delivers inclusive social and economic investment for our residents and communities. This involves commissioning and granting funds and projects that support meeting priorities for Woodberry Down residents.
We run Make it Happen in partnership with Manor House Development Trust, Hackney Citizens Advice, Active Within, London Wildlife Trust, West Reservoir Centre, Pocket Power, Tutors United, Fame Star Youth, Hackney Council and Berkeley Homes.
Our partners support local people in accessing appropriate services, skills and training according to what they need. They also work to meet individual needs and aspirations.
What this means:
- Helping local residents and families access services to help with their finances such as independent debt advice through the Citizen’s Advice.
- Offering wellbeing programmes such as our ‘Let’s Get Active’ programme which offers free exercise classes.
- Improving young residents’ prospects by offering English and maths tutoring, work experience and mentoring. We also want to empower young people to influence and benefit from the regeneration.
- Working with community organisations to deliver initiatives for specific groups of people such as young people or over 50s.
- Extra support for those who are particularly vulnerable or hard to reach.
If you are interested in learning more about our services and what’s available please email email@example.com.