We care about the wellbeing of our people and we believe this makes NHG a great place to work: a place where you'll feel supported and valued. As well as offering competitive salaries within our sector, we also provide a wide range of additional benefits and several ways to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Since the outbreak of Covid-19, we have been especially focused on ensuring our colleagues have the support they need to work safely out in the community, in our offices, or at home. We’ve also taken steps to ensure our colleagues can still enjoy our usual wellbeing activities by moving them online. These include our clubs (healthy eating, books, craft, choir) and classes (yoga, Pilates, cardio dance fitness, move and stretch, and guided meditation) which are all free to attend.
Learning and development
We are committed to developing you and your career; we want you to grow. We help colleagues to do this by providing career pathways as well as many varied learning and development opportunities. Our corporate programmes, such as leadership and mentoring, are complemented by a variety of online resources and facilitator led sessions across the corporate skill base.
We also offer schemes for more structured and formal learning, such as our Course of Study, through which colleagues can apply for part-sponsorship for formal learning as well as apprenticeships.
To develop our leaders of tomorrow and help support our diversity initiatives, we support and encourage colleagues to take part in external development programmes such as Leadership 2025, Future of London Leaders Programmes and the G15 Accelerate Programme.
Our core benefits
• Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply).
• Pension scheme - we operate various pension schemes on a defined contribution basis; we think investing in your future is important, so we offer an element of employer matched contributions.
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply).
• Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations.
• Health cash plan - you can claim money back towards your everyday healthcare costs (dental, eye care, physiotherapy, health screening).
• Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more.
• Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan - repayments are spread over time and are taken directly from your salary (qualifying period may apply).
• Cycle to work scheme - to encourage employees to cycle to work and reduce their CO2 emissions, now including electric bikes.