Thank you for your interest in joining Notting Hill Genesis. We look forward to hearing from you and hope that one of our roles in the vacancies lists below sparks your interest.
For most of our roles, you will need to apply online using our recruitment system MyTalent. Depending on the role, you will either be asked to complete the below.
- Upload a CV
- Answer specific questions or provide a supporting statement
We believe our application process is a great opportunity for you to tell us about your experiences and how they relate to the behaviours, experience and skills we’re looking for.
Bring your application to life
Making your application stand out is crucial, whether you're answering an application form question or writing a supporting statement. To achieve this, it's essential to provide us with real-life examples from your experience. This becomes particularly important when applying for a role that doesn't require specific experience, such as our Housing Officer role.
If we ask you to write about times when you've excelled in the past, it's usually to help us understand how your experience and skills can be transferred to the qualities and behaviours necessary for a particular job. It's crucial that you describe your real-life experiences in these applications.
Remember, when telling us about your experience, each example should have a beginning, middle, and end, just like a good story. So, take the time to craft a compelling narrative that showcases your strengths and experience.
Not sure where to start?
If you’re not sure where to start, read the description of the behaviours we’re looking for (look at the personal specification and look at the professional expertise or experience required for the role), and then when you’ve thought of your example, tell us about it using the “STAR” structure:
Most of your focus should be on the ‘A’ and ‘R’ parts of your example.
- Avoid talking generally – for example, if you have a fantastic customer service approach, don’t just say so, show us by telling us about a time you actually delivered great service.
- Avoid saying what you think you would do – tell us what you have done and achieved.
- Avoid saying “we” – it’s important to focus on what you personally did or said rather than what you did as a group with other people.
- Make sure your example is relevant – look at the personal specification and look at the professional expertise or experience required for the role and make sure that your example shows us the same behaviours we’ve said we’re looking for.
- Use active words to describe your actions – e.g. instead of saying “A meeting was set up with the customer” say “I arranged a meeting with the customer so that I could speak to them and identify their needs”.
When applying for any role, it's important to carefully review the role profile to understand the specific requirements of the job, they will be available to download from the job advert.
When answering application questions or writing a cover statement, it's important to take these requirements into account, as the recruiting manager will be using them as shortlist criteria to assess whether you meet the requirements for the role. By addressing these requirements in your application, you can demonstrate how your skills and experience make you a good fit for the position.
Preparing for an interview
- Arrange anything practical in advance. E.g looking at travel routes, or IT setup (for those who have an online interview).
- Check our website to get an idea of what we do.
- If you have an assessment before the interview, make sure to provide it on time. This will be clearly shown on the interview invite.
- Read the role profile and prepare answers to questions you think will be asked.
- Practice, practice, practice. Do a mock interview so you can prepare answers to competency, behavioural and situational based questions.
- Prepare any questions you’d like to ask the recruiting panel.
Our recruitment partners
From time to time, we utilise recruitment partners (e.g. recruitment agencies) to advertise our roles. Retinue Solutions are one of our main partners and often manage roles for us directly. If they are managing a role for us, you will still be applying through our jobs portal.
Support and adjustments
If you would like any support or adjustments, please contact the HR team via 020 7563 0350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope this guide helps you with your application. Good luck!