Twenty fire consultants have won a place on our £36m framework to ensure fire safety and compliance on new-build and existing homes.
Between them, their expertise will be used throughout the lifespan of a building, from design and construction through to refurbishment, maintenance and management.
The framework is split into five lots, three of which relate to existing buildings and will be primarily used by our dedicated building safety team, while the others will be mainly used by our development team for new projects.
• Lot 1a – for chartered fire engineers to undertake technical risk assessments of buildings and systems to ensure compliance and fire safety, provide remedial advice, offer expert witness services and produce EWS1 forms to support sales, remortgaging and staircasing
• Lot 1b – for consultants to undertake observational and invasive surveys of building components and systems, provide remedial advice, carry out inspections and support with resident engagement
• Lot 1c – for ancillary services to support the evaluating and managing of fire safety through laser scanning, 3D modelling, documentation and the production of safety case reviews
• Lot 2a – to deliver the full range of fire consultant requirements to the development team and offer an end-to-end solution for new-build projects, covering both design-stage fire engineer services and construction-stage fire safety and compliance monitoring
• Lot 2b – to provide construction-stage fire safety and compliance monitoring only
Some of the successful bidders may feature on more than one lot.
Katie Bond, group director for sales and building safety, said: “Our priority is making sure our homes are safe, whether they are in existing buildings or our planned developments. The experts that have earned a place on this framework will play a vital role in the planning, management and review of this vital work.
“We thank all those who applied for a place on the framework, which was incredibly competitive and that makes us ideally placed to meet our fire safety obligations and expectations over the coming years.”
The framework runs until 30 April 2026.
The successful companies on the framework are:
• Airey Miller Ltd
• Arcadis LLP
• Ashton Fire Limited
• Bailey Partnership (Consultants) LLP
• BB7 Fire Ltd
• Built Environment Reality Capture Limited (T/A Multivista)
• Capital Property & Construction Consultants Ltd
• Clear Safety Services Ltd
• Cognition Architecture Ltd
• Hilson Moran Partnership Ltd
• Hunter & Partners Ltd and F.I.R.E Consultancy Limited
• Hydrock Consultants Ltd
• International Fire Consultants Ltd
• John Rowan & Partners LLP
• Martin Arnold Limited
• OFR Consultants Limited
• Osborn Associates Limited
• PRP Architects LLP
• Sweco Ltd & MLM Group
• Tri Fire Ltd