The Work Rights Centre (WoRC) is a registered charity dedicated to employment justice. Every week caseworkers help people fight unscrupulous employers and access their lawful entitlements. Their advice and support is free, confidential, and available in a range of languages. Their mission is driven by the conviction that everyone has the right to work that is fair, safe, and that pays.
- Greater London - remotely (by email or phone) and face to face (by appointment): employment matters + employability.
- Essex and Hertfordshire: remotely - employability + employment matters.
In practice, beneficiaries are offered a wide range of support, including:
● help with claiming unpaid wages and fees.
● support with accessing statutory employment rights (such as unpaid holiday, or unfair dismissal).
● help in applying to Universal Credit.
● CVs and cover letter writing, interview practice and mentoring.
● assistance with applying for the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).