Resident Support Services
As a NHG resident you can benefit from our partnerships with local support agencies who can help you with many areas of your life from money and jobs to health and wellbeing.
Select a borough location and the type of service that you need in the filter boxes on the left. Then select a service from the list.
To apply, you can send your details to the partner who will then contact you to arrange the next steps.
If you would like to receive updates about our partner employment, training and project opportunities, please join our mailing list.
Green Doctors assist residents to better get control of their energy usage, get on top of utility bills including utility debts, in order to live in warmer homes and have a better quality of life.
• Look at funding to improve home energy efficiency i.e. insulation, new boilers
• Switching energy companies
• Energy awareness advice for residents themselves
• Help to pay off debts by applying to grants or setting up payment plans
• Onward referrals i.e. Anglian Water Priority Services Team
• Free installation of energy saving measures
o LED light bulbs
o Draught proofing
o Radiator panels
o Letter flap and door brushes
o Hot water bottles
o Water saving shower heads
Areas we cover for telephone consultations: whole of Essex.
Areas we cover for in-home consultations: Colchester, Chelmsford, Harlow, Braintree, Ipswich, Witham, Hadleigh, Halstead, Tiptree, Brightlingsea, Clacton-on-Sea as well as surrounding areas.
Register your interest in our upcoming e-financial wellbeing sessions. You can attend one, two or all three, please just indicate which you are interested in and we will be in touch with more information.
These wellbeing sessions are being delivered on a non-advice basis by our active partner London Plus Credit Union.
Session 2 - 22nd June
Responsible borrowing-Good Vs Bad Debt
This session will offer tips on making the right choices when it comes to borrowing. It will highlight the difference between good vs bad debt and the potential consequences of the decisions you make.
Session 3 - 14th July
Developing good savings habits
This session will look at how to start building financial resilience through regular savings. It will concentrate on protecting you against unexpected financial shocks or maybe meet the costs of Kids Holidays, School uniforms or Christmas.
Little Village run a baby bank providing Kit and cloth packs to expectant mothers and families with children under 5 who live in one of the boroughs listed below:
- Brent, Barnet, Bromley, Camden, City of Westminster, City of London, Croydon, Greenwich, Haringey, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston upon Thames, Lambeth, Merton, Lewisham, Richmond upon Thames, Southwark, Sutton, Tower Hamlets and Wandsworth.
We will do our best to respond to referrals within four weeks, but, it could take up to 6.
Warm Homes project is an income maximisation project delivered by Essex Citizens Advice Bureau. The project is available for anyone who is struggling to pay their energy bills, especially if you are:
- On a low income
- Have high fuel costs
- Over 65
- Have a disability or are a carer
- Families with young children
Even if you don't fall into any of the categories above, we may still be able to help you to:
- maximise your income
- help you manage fuel debt
- install extra measures like insulation or boiler repairs
- change the way you use energy to save money
- switch suppliers to a get a better deal
Areas Covered: Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood, Castle Point, Chelmsford, Harlow (including Epping), Maldon, Rayleigh, Uttlesford (which encompasses Bishops Stortford, Dunmow and Saffron Walden), Wickford.
Services offered: Energy Advice, fuel debt advice, income maximisation (benefit checks)
Fighting UK Poverty - Turn2us
Turn2us is a national charity helping people when times get touch. We providfe financial support to help people get back on track.
You can also check your benefit entitlement here too.