Want to help shape Notting Hill Genesis' (NHG) future? We're looking for NHG residents who have a passion to improve NHG to join our formal decision-making process. Strategy is set by the Board where there are already two strong resident members.
The Board is supported by five strong committees with significant powers:
- Audit and risk committee – overseeing NHG's financial strength and integrity
- Development and sales committee – overseeing a development and regeneration programme that provided about 1,500 new affordable homes last year
- Nominations committee – overseeing recruitment to NHG's committees and board
- Operations committee – overseeing performance across NHG's residential businesses
- Remuneration committee – overseeing pay and reward for top staff, Board and committee members
- Treasury committee - overseeing the borrowings NHG makes to provide new homes
We're looking for residents who have suitable skills or who are willing to learn to join each committee.
The time commitment is four to six evening meetings a year, attendance at an annual overnight strategy event and engagement in training and support as needed, along with the opportunity to support other wider resident involvement activities, including being of the Resident Voices Group. You'll need to read papers beforehand and be expected to actively participate in meetings. There will be support available to help you get to know the work of the committee and wider NHG.
The application process will involve completing a short application form, one to two rounds of interviews conducted over the phone or video conference and a reference. The closing date is 13 July 2020.
For more information on Notting Hill Genesis, please see our vision and values.
Our wide-ranging resident involvement model also works to support how NHG makes decisions. We look to provide a wide range of ways in which you can influence how NHG works. This can be as simple as talking to your local housing officer or attending one of our local forums, and for those with more time can become an involved resident to help inform our Resident Voices Group and Residents Annual Report.
Please see more details about our resident involvement work and opportunities.